What you'll do
- You will assume purchasing responsibility for defined product groups.
- You will develop and implement Supply Chain Management strategies.
- You will be responsible for negotiating prices, capacity, timing with suppliers, and the savings targets.
- You will ensure materials availability, on-time delivery, and will coordinate materials movement from receiving to production.
- You will take over task force type monitoring and escalation of on time deliveries.
- You will participate in decision making for loading the Master Production Schedule (MPS) through appropriate material configuration.
- You will work with material planning departments corresponding with all participants.
- You will analyze, maintain, and execute material requirement plans, continuously monitoring and verifying material pipelines to meet or exceed the requirements.
- You will analyze data, proactively eliminating material liabilities by proposing sourcing solutions.
- You will develop legal supply agreements and contracts, execute and maximize negotiated terms with suppliers to reduce material liabilities; you will provide inputs to drive and execute commodity and pricing strategy.
- You are responsible for setting up and developing a controlling system for better handling savings targets, budgets, and negotiations; you address and resolve recurring or critical issues.
- You will monitor and continuously improve supplier’s delivery quality performance and provide feedback on their performance, service, and strategies.
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain/Operations Management, or an equivalent education.
- You have 5+ years of experience of purchasing in a manufacturing environment or the supplier industry.
- You have in-depth knowledge of direct material procurement in the manufacturing industry. Automotive and/or electronics procurement experience highly preferrable.
- You have strong experience with Supply Chain Management, and the entire purchasing process.
- You have excellent knowledge of the automotive industry and related systems and processes.
- You are characterized by a precise, independent, and structured way of working as well as a quick perception.
- You are an experienced negotiator with focus on pricing and contracts, ideally with international experience, and you are proficient in MS Office applications.
- You are willing to travel.
- You are authorized to work in the U.S.
Good to know
- We offer a competitive salary with bonus potential.
- You get up to 20 days PTO and 10 paid company holidays.
- We offer mentorship and onboarding programs and a flat hierarchy.
- You can get healthcare, life insurance, dental & vision, 401(k) matching.
- We offer national and international travel opportunities.
- You have career opportunities in a fast-growing company and work in small, efficient project teams.