SAFe® Product Owner / Product Manager 6.0
Delivering Value through Effective Planning Interval Execution
What skills do you need to deliver value in an Agile enterprise? The SAFe® Product Owner and SAFe® Product Manager (POPM) course covers the tactical responsibilities of these roles in the Agile Release Train (ART). The course and resulting certification give you the guidance and tools to work effectively in remote environments with distributed teams. Through a balanced mix of theory, hands-on group exercises, and simulations, our experienced trainers will guide you successfully through the training. You will not only benefit from theoretical knowledge, but also gain valuable insights into the practical application of SAFe® principles and methods you have learned.
As an official partner of Scaled Agile Inc., we look forward to supporting you on your way to becoming a certified SAFe® Product Owner/ Product Manager!
General learning objectives
Learn how product owners and product managers should work together to achieve the best possible customer and business outcomes. The SAFe POPM course will teach you how to adopt a customer-centric approach to building products, using the Scaled Agile Framework® to deliver more value, faster. Topics covered in this course include the daily role of POs and PMs; collaborating with engineering teams and business stakeholders; how to write epics, features, and stories; and how to design, prioritize, build, test, and deliver products with increased productivity and higher quality. You will learn how to develop a clearly defined product vision, a sustainable product strategy and how to effectively implement product roadmapping to enable a successful product management within your organization.
- Basics of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) and agile product development
- How to perform the role of a PO and a PM on a daily basis
- How to collaborate with Agile teams to forecast work
- How to prepare for and lead PI Planning
- How to decompose Epics to Features and Features to Stories
- How to leverage the principles of the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- How to integrate into Lean Portfolio Management
This SAFe® Product Owner and SAFe® Product Manager course is intended for participants who work within an Agile Release Train and are mainly responsible for product development, product strategy, requirements management and collaboration with agile teams. It is also suitable for participants who want to expand their general knowledge of the SAFe® Framework to scale agile within their organization.
This training is relevant for the following target groups, among others:
- Product & Business Owner
- Product, Solution & Portfolio Managers
- Analysts & Process Leads
- Project Managers & Product Developers
- Solution & System Architects
Course duration: 3 days 5h each
Day 1 from 13:00 – 18:00
Day 2 from 13:00 – 18:00
Day 3 from 13:00 – 18:00
Time zone: CET/CEST
We will provide you with all important information about the training and the tools used in advance. In addition, you will receive the official SAFe® course workbook as an optimal preparation for the training and the certification exam.
Further information regarding the certification
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will receive your personal and official SAFe® Product Owner/ Product Manager 6.0 certificate from Scaled Agile, Inc. The additionally issued digital badge for use in social networks or your email signature underlines your acquired competence.
- Exam format: multiple choice, web-based
- Exam access: Activation to SAFe® Studio incl. one-year membership
- Exam language: English
- Exam period: 30 days after completion of the course
- We will provide further information about the exam including examples for possible exam questions